Watercraft & Vehicle Information
Watercraft / Vehicle Decal Policy
Watercraft and Vehicle Policies To access Lake Columbia, Parks, and Boat Ramps
Lake Columbia is a private lake owned and supported by the property owners. THERE IS NO PUBLIC ACCESS TO LAKE COLUMBIA. Membership dues are due every year on April 1st. After the office receives payment for dues, property owners in good standing are issued membership identification cards, vehicle, and watercraft decals. Vehicle and watercraft identification decals are issued to property owners only. Decals can be obtained by registering each vehicle and watercraft at the Lake Columbia Property Owners Association Office. The office requests a copy of your current vehicle and watercraft State Registrations. Vehicle decals must be displayed inside your vehicles on the passenger side windshield in lower right corner. Watercraft decals go on the back of the watercraft. This is the only method your Association Security Patrol has of identifying those who are trespassing on private property.
Lake Columbia’s growth over the past several years has increased significantly, thereby greatly increasing the liability for all property owners and reducing the safety of everyone using the lake. In order to maintain our private lake status and protect the interests and investments of all, the following policy is to help maintain control of Lake Columbia.
This policy establishes the purpose of restricting unauthorized use of Lake Columbia.
By-Laws of Lake Columbia Property Owners Association, Membership, Article
II, Section 1.
Effective April 27, 2009, the following applies:
- No "guest passes" are issued. LCPOA does not have a guest policy.
- All watercraft and vehicle decals are issued only to deeded property owners in good standing.
- Members must have a deed or land contract on file with the LCPOA office. The office can then verify ownership by matching state vehicle and/or watercraft Registrations with your information on file.
- Guests are permitted only if accompanied by a property owner in good standing while using the lake or any LCPOA property. Guest vehicles and watercrafts are not allowed at Lake Columbia. No decals are issued to guests or immediate family members.
- Property owners without proper id or decals will be issued a warning by security patrol. If this act is repeated your vehicle will be ticketed and/or towed.
Important Decal Information for Property Owners
Decals are required for
usage of the lake and parks.
Be advised that Decal display on vehicles and watercraft for the usage of our water and parks will be enforced. If you have received your decals and not placed them accordingly, please adhere them to your vehicles and watercraft. If you have not yet received your decals and are an association member in good standing, you can obtain them through the LCPOA office.
Copies of your state vehicle and watercraft registrations must be submitted to the office either in person, email, fax, mail, or dropped off through the door mail slot. Decal delivery can be arranged by mail, the outside pickup box or picked up in person at the LCPOA office.
Placement of Decals
Watercraft Decal: Adhere to back left or center of watercraft.
Vehicle Decal: Adhere to the lower right corner (passenger side) of front windshield.