Trash Service is provided by Modern Waste Systems for Lake Columbia property owners.Trash Calendar with Details
New Service Sign Up or Change Service
Sign up for the yearly trash service is only required if you are a new property owner beginning your trash services. If you are a member and wish to change your current trash service, please contact the LCPOA office.
Members can request to change the following:
- Request a recycle cart if they don’t already have one
- Stop their service because they are leaving for a month or more
- All Complaints and/or comments MUST go directly to the LCPOA office.
- All Modern Carts are properties of Modern Waste Systems and should be left with the Lake Columbia property when moving.
Cart Placement & Recycling Information
Modern Waste Systems uses an automatic loading arm that will load your trash and recycling cart items into their trucks. (No other containers may be used for your trash or recycling pick-ups.) Instructions for placement of these carts curbside are on the inside lid of the carts.
Trash Services for Members Include:
Twice a Week Trash Pick-Up on Monday & Friday
There is a limit of 96 gallons per pickup and includes normal household trash only.
Bulk Item Pick-Ups
A bulk item consists of an item that is too large to fit into the provided cart during a normal scheduled service day. Bulk items must be pre-authorized and scheduled by the LCPOA office staff. There will be an additional fee of $10/item paid to the LCPOA office. Carpet would need to be tied in rolled 4’ rolled sections not to exceed 50 lbs. per roll. Bulk items should not be heavier than what 2 people can safely lift.
- Voluntary Recycling: Every other Wednesday (Material Guidelines)
- Yard Waste Pick-Up: Saturdays beginning in spring and ending late fall
- Spring Clean Up
- Christmas Tree Pick-Up
* View the trash calendar for information on recycling, yard waste, spring clean up, holiday pick-ups, and special services.
Lake Columbia Property Owners Association
Lake living enjoyment in EVERY season!